Monday, October 15, 2007

The guy in the glass

I've found a wonderful poem , here at Infy. It was written in one of the handouts they gave us. This poem really touched me and its called "the guy in the glass".
I hope this poem will help you guys find a way of your choice ........


When you get what you want in your struggle for pelf
And the world makes you king for a day
Then go to the mirror and look at yourself
And see what that guy has to say.
For it isnt your mother, your father or wife
Whose judgement on you must pass
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the guy staring back from the glass.

He's the fellow to please, never mind all the rest
For he's with you clean to the end
And you've passed your most dangerous and difficult test
If the guy in the glass is your friend.

You may be like Jack Horner and chisel a plum
And think you are a wonderful guy
But the guy in the glass says you are a bum
If you can't look him straight in the eye.
You may fool the whole world, down the pathwayof years
And get pats on the back as you pass
But the final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the guy in the glass.

-Peter Dale Wimbrow

8 People's opinion :

Shweta said...

cool one there ..

Unknown said...

itz pretty deep ...a good poem

Unknown said...

btw,

it doesnt concern me, cause i dont have glasses...

:D

Anonymous said...

FYI, the word in your quote is incorrectly copied as "self", instead of "pelf".

It was not a misprint. Look up "pelf" at dictionary.com.
And also you can see the original text at: http://www.theguyintheglass.com

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hi, i bеlievе that i nοtiсed you viѕited mу sіte
thus i got heгe to retuгn the desirе?
.I'm attempting to find issues to enhance my web site!I guess its adequate to make use of some of your ideas!!

Here is my web blog; [1]

Anonymous said...

Todaу, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iРad
аnd testеd tο see if it can ѕurvive
a 40 fοоt drοp, just so she can be а yοutube sеnѕаtiοn.
My іPad iѕ now dеѕtroyеd and she hаѕ 83 νiews.
I κnoω this is totallу off topiс but I haԁ to ѕhаге it ωіth ѕоmеonе!


Here is my blog ρost: e-cigarette kits

My web site