Thursday, May 31, 2007

First rains in mumbai................ (finallly, phew!!!)

Well after enduring the searing heat in most of the month of May there arives some relief in the form of rains (finally!!!) ....... A welcome change, i must say......

I guess Rain Gods have finally had mercy on us humans......

Most of May has been like very sweaty. My sweat glands were like working overtime for me...... Sadly,Engineering colleges are open at this time of the year..... I go to my college in this heat wave and when i finally get there (not to mention criss-crossing the mad traffic of mumbai in a BEST bus)... i get fully drenched in sweat.. Plus the fans in our college are like soo slow that i consider it almost imaginary (ALAS!!! few hours of getting fried)..... So no relief here..... Its like a furnace outside........

The moment i enter my college, i begin thinking of when i would be returning home (fans are much better at my place , :D)......

Atlast rains have arrived and with it comes the cool breeze thats almost as cool as a a refrigerator...... The moment i smelled the sweet smell of rains i almost jumped with joy and begin thinking of more cool days ahead (Atleast for some days)....

There were time when i didnt like of the sound of thunder, thinking there would be more floods.... hehe the bright side of it was that schools and colleges would be cancelled for a day... :D..... but now the sound is like a sweet melody which i would like to hear everyday.... believe me guys the situation is that serious ..... I guess people living in mumbai could justify that.... Man!!!! Curse this Global warming.... I hope mankind finds a solution fast to counter the growing heat wave or i guess "Day after tomorrow " situation is not too far away...

Ok coming back to rains......
Its been raining in mumbai since evening and rains have never seemed so pleasant to me as it is now...
I hope BMC has better preparations this time .... Having said the last sentence it'll be almost astonishing and surprising to see BMC actually well prepared.... This is because most of the roads near my place are like viciously dug up and left the way it is... Not to mention i stay near milan subway, the most flood prone area in whole of mumbai..... There has never been a time when milan subway wasnt filled up with water to create a ephemeral or temporal swimming pool for kids living in slums...

Well its really cool to have these small rains and i hope it continues for sometime to make the weather more cooler...
And tomorrow it'll be all over the news headlines that rains have arrived with reporters asking their usual question "Aap ko kaisa lag raha hai" :D ... Its kinda funny if u ask me... I guess these news channels dont have nething else to ask.... and bombay times will have all the public personality to have a say about the rains (i wonder if there comments really matters)....

I hope people of mumbai will enjoy these rains .... I am sure they will........

Cya for now....

2 People's opinion :

Anonymous said...

its amazin tht it strtd rainin, but now m jus hopin tht its not temporary rains.

Shweta said...

heyy nicee blog ..
it was funny :D had a good laugh after reading your blog .
(btw i was gonna blog on it too :p)

My web site