Sunday, December 03, 2006

Are riots justified??

I have read about the recent riots (in maharashtra) which prompted me to ask this question - Are riots really justified? ...............
Humanity can be devastating in a number of ways and one of the cruelest forms are riots.......
Do you believe that just by damaging property or by killing people the problems are going to be solved? My answer is NO....... The recent riots are about a defacing of a statue of a prominent leader of the India where many of his supporters got together to protest . Its sometimes sad that these things do happen. Can't we solve this in a more decent fashion . Can't we just only give punishment to the person who is involved in this.
The truth is we lack proper law and order. Do these things happen in US and the UK? The reason is they have a stable law and order system, which we seriously lack.
A better example is the Godhra case, the Muslims burnt a train because of some issue (frankly i don't know the entire case) and the riots between HIndu and Muslims in Gujarat started.... Seriously cant we just give punishment to whoever is responsible for the crime.
Trust me guys i am sure u must've seen the pictures of the godhra case and its gruesome. I knew Humanity has its dark side , but that was just awful ........
So until and unless we have a strong law for riots , human emotions will not be controlled and these kind of situations will always take place...........

PS : I have taken the most liberal side in this post , those who have been hurt by this post please forgive me and i may have made some grammatical mistakes , sorry for my English :D.......

0 People's opinion :

My web site